Build Errors (LDAP_OPT_X... undeclared)

Torsten Kurbad python-ldap at tk-webart.de
Fri Sep 14 13:55:49 CEST 2007

> > I had similar problems when building python-ldap on Mac OSX, where
> > openldap 2.2.x is installed by default. Simply "stealing" the 2.3
> > headers from a Linux system did the trick there.
>
> This workaround is very bad practice. You MUST NOT mix headers and
> libs from different OpenLDAP versions. This can lead to serious
> crashs. Please don't ask for support if you're doing something like
> this.

I won't... This was part of my .egg project - and was merely a
test. ;o)
But it showed clearly that it's problematic to build python-ldap-2.3.1
with OpenLDAP 2.2.x, which I didn't know beforehand.

Anyway, Eric HAS the 2.3.x libs installed and used the 2.2.x headers
for no good reason. That's what I wanted to point out...

Regards,
Torsten
--
  I am a deeply superficial person. -Andy Warhol