Escaping of binary characters

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Thu May 12 02:57:31 CEST 2005

On May 11, 2005, at 18:52, Michael Ströder wrote:

> Mark Hammond wrote:
>
>> I don't actually have neat sample code - I'm observing this inside
>> Zope.
>>

> Is this a publicly available Zope component like LDAPUserFolder?

Yes, Mark uses that truly brilliant piece of software ;)

> Do you store the objectGUID to reference the single entry later?
>
> Does this reference has to survive renaming of the entry?
> If no, why don't you use the DN of the entry for a base level
> search later?

That's an excellent question. Mark, is that what you are trying to
do, identify one specific entry by using the objectGUID?

But then again, even if he could use the DN, I suppose the real
problem is that you cannot "round trip" the value. You can't just
grab it from a search result and use it to formulate another query,
even if you send it through ldap.escape_filter_chars, if I understand
the problem correctly.

jens