Possible bug results in 'Encoding Error' on Tru64 5.1A..

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Tue Jul 13 17:50:53 CEST 2004

Mike D'Errico wrote:

> I've been debugging the problem all morning and all signs point towards
> the openldap itself.. perhaps there's another 64 bit issue that I've
> uncovered. I'll keep working on this and let you all know if I trace this
> problem back towards the python-ldap module.

You can (globally) turn on logging in the OpenLDAP lib itself when using
python-ldap:

ldap.set_option(ldap.OPT_DEBUG_LEVEL,255)

255 is just a wild guess.

You can also turn on logging at the OpenLDAP server's side. You could even
choose a log level which dumps the raw BER data received in requests from
LDAP clients.