referrals

Jerome Alet alet at librelogiciel.com
Sat Apr 10 00:21:49 CEST 2004

On Sat, Apr 10, 2004 at 12:10:49AM +0200, Michael Ströder wrote:

> Think about these aspects:
>
> Which bind information (method, username or bind-DN, credentials) to use at
> the referred server?

isn't the information returned a complete LDAP url with all necessary
information ?

> Should the application continue to use the referred server after referral
> has been received or switch back to the original server?
> (Hint: Think about referrals being knowledge references to other parts of
> the DIT vs. your master-slave scenario.)

Sh.t ! You're right !

Thanks for your help, you opened my eyes (and it's probably time to
close them again until tomorrow, thinking about all this while
sleeping)

bye

Jerome Alet
--
"Now that I'm connected to the Internet, everybody seems
to know that I've got a small dick." - Me.