problem with filter

Tjabo Kloppenburg t.kloppenburg at billiton.de
Sat Aug 10 21:21:54 CEST 2002

hi,

I'm writing a program in python wir python-ldap2.0.0.-pre04 (linux).

I can do all sorts of things, like searching:
  L = myldap.search_s( base, ldap.SCOPE_SUBTREE, "uid=ma*" )

let's say I have found twenty results, and I let the user chose one of the DNs.
Now I want to retrieve the data of the object of a given dn. The problem is how to tell
ldap.search_s to get the data of a dn like "uid=freak,ou=staff,o=company".

  L = myldap.search_s( base, ldap.SCOPE_SUBTREE, dn )
gives an empty list.

  L = myldap.search_s( base, ldap.SCOPE_SUBTREE, "dn=" + dn )
gives an empty list, too.

what's the right filter/function for this?

thanks a lot,
  tk.