ldap.schema: str2objectclass() fails

Hans Aschauer Hans.Aschauer at Physik.uni-muenchen.de
Wed Jul 31 09:51:42 CEST 2002

On Mittwoch, 31. Juli 2002 00:37, Michael Ströder wrote:

> It should be accepted with schema_allow=31.
>
> See discussion for issue filed in OpenLDAP's ITS:
>
>    http://www.OpenLDAP.org/its/index.cgi?findid=1996
>
> Please cross-check that the client library ALLOW flags are
> "properly enabled".

I did some printf - debugging, and I think it is a real openldap bug:

>>> ldap.schema.str2objectclass(b,31)
Error: 5: ( nsHost-oid NAME 'nsHost' DESC 'iPlanet defined objectclass'
SUP top STRUCTURAL MUST cn MAY ( serverHostName $ description $ l $
nsHostLocation $ nsHardwarePlatform $ nsOsVersion ) X-ORIGIN 'iPlanet'
). flag = 31
   ^^^^^^^^^

The "flag = 31" is printf'ed by the C wrapper code, using the same
variable that is passed to the openldap - function.

This is a small C test code in order to exclude errors from the python
side (maybe you could post it to the ITS):