python-LDAP on Win32

Mauro Cicognini mcicogni at siosistemi.it
Thu Jul 18 09:34:04 CEST 2002

Richard Ferry wrote:

>This is going to be put into a production environment, so I am hesitant to play w/ something experimental. What is your experience with it?

Well, the new version appears to work fine on my system; but I have no
time to thoroughly test every feature.

Mind that it's just a straightforward compilation of the same codebase
everybody else's using, only done with MSVC++ (Win32, Intel). There are
some quirks to the build process, but other than that, it compiles quite
smoothly.

>Re: the  UMich libraries, are there any install instructions for this on a Win32 system?

You just have to put the DLLs on your PATH. There's two of them, if I
remember correctly, and both are needed; they were usually found
(already compiled) on the UMich website.

I may send you working (albeit old) binaries, if you have problems
finding them.

BR,
Mauro