defect

Derrick 'dman' Hudson dman at dman.ddts.net
Tue Jun 25 19:31:21 CEST 2002

On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 08:28:15AM -0400, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
| i have seen similar strange slowdowns **if i connect to localhost**.
| connecting to OpenLDAP on another host across the network was much faster
| (meaning: it worked at the expected speed).

Actually, you're right.  I never tried from a different host until you
said this.  I presumed using the loopback interface would have the
least amount of delay due to eliminating network hardware from the
equation.

That certainly gives some (initial) improvement possibilities.

-D

--

A)bort, R)etry, B)ang it with a large hammer

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/