fetching the structure / obejctClass defs

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Fri May 17 20:37:04 CEST 2002

Igor Stroh wrote:

> actually it is, but the representation type of attributeTypes and
> objectClasses is 'string', so you get a list of strings that you first
> have to parse somehow if you want to utilize it... see [1], it works for
> me, but I'm pretty sure I left some schema attributes (like STRUCTURAL
> etc.) out, so I might just as well fail to return correct values for
> your own objectClass... it parses 'person' pretty neat though...

I've recently checked in the patches contributed by Hans Aschauer
which wraps the schema parser function in OpenLDAP 2 libs and
provide a new sub module ldap.schema.

I also made some changes to the Python parts which I will check in
this weekend.

Well, full LDAPv3 schema support goes far beyond just knowing
which attribute types are required/allowed. Especially it would be
very interesting to implement a set of syntaxes with their
matching rules. This would allow to check the syntax of data input
and display the data with more a-priori knowledge.