change in python-ldap method?

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Tue Feb 26 00:51:29 CET 2002

Joe Little wrote:

 > It seems somehow very wrong that one can't use the DN that
> LDAP returns with a result to refer to the same entry again. Wouldn't you
> agree?

I do agree. And it works perfect for me with python-ldap.

Tested again a minute ago with web2ldap accessing OpenLDAP REL_ENG_2
using several methods. It seems that I have to fix web2ldap to escape
the special chars properly when automatically forming the RDN from
entry's attributes. But that's a bug in web2ldap not a bug in python-ldap.