Installation Problem

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Thu Jan 3 00:11:50 CET 2002

Ben Ocean wrote:

> cvs
> -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.python-ldap.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/python-ldap
> login
>
> cvs -z3
> -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.python-ldap.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/python-ldap
> co modulename

modulename is python-ldap

BTW: The URL is http://www.open-it.org/download/redhat7.2/

> Fine, but will that default to all these flags?
>
> #sh configure --with-ldap=/usr/local/openldap

There's no ./configure in the recent version. The build and
installation process uses DistUtils (shipped with Python 2.0+). You
have to edit setup.cfg to reflect the position of your OpenLDAP 2
headers and libs and invoke

$ python setup.py build

If that was successful you invoke as root

$ python setup.py install

Afterwards you should be able to use without errors

$ python -c "import ldap"