Stability of python-ldap

Grahame Bowland grahame at ucs.uwa.edu.au
Tue Dec 11 05:42:38 CET 2001

On Tue, 2001-12-11 at 07:02, Paul Sokolovsky wrote:
> Hello python-ldap-dev,
>
>   Can the maintainers comment on stability of python-ldap? Can it be
> used for production? If so, which CVS tag is suggested? And why there
> were no releases for more than year, with latest one being quite
> feature-old and good deal of development happening all the time?

I'm not a maintainer, but we do use python-ldap for a largish and fairly
critical application (along with mod-python for apache) and it's worked
flawlessly for almost a year now.

I am running a patched version to add some functionality from LDAP v3
that wasn't in the upstream release at the time, but the patches are
relatively trivial.

Cheers,
Grahame

Grahame Bowland                       Email: grahame at ucs.uwa.edu.au
University Communications Services    Phone: +61 8 9380 1175
The University of Western Australia     Fax: +61 8 9380 1109
                                     CRICOS: 00126G