cidict.py as LDAP entry class

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Thu Nov 15 18:00:22 CET 2001

Jacek Konieczny wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 15, 2001 at 01:23:28AM +0100, Michael Ströder wrote:
> > I'd really like to implement those kind of things in a OID-based and
> > schema-aware Python class for LDAP entries.
> This won't work very well with LDAP v2. But it may work, when schema
> could be read from files instead of the server.

You're right.

I would like to have local schema files at the client side for
LDAPv2 servers like already done for old OpenLDAP 1 schema files in
web2ldap. The schema parsing would have to tolerate string-based
fake OIDs anyway like e.g. used with Domino/LDAP R5 which is LDAPv3
but has no OIDs defined for customized schema extensions.