Behaviour when object is not found

David Leonard david.leonard at csee.uq.edu.au
Fri Aug 11 13:53:53 CEST 2000

On Fri, 11 Aug 2000, Michael Ströder typed thusly:

> OpenLDAP 1.2.x when trying to read a non-existent entry ldapmodule
> raised exception ldap.NO_SUCH_OBJECT which is very handy to handle
> non-existing entries.
>
> With OpenLDAP 2.0beta ldapmodule returns an empty result list
> instead which breaks existing code. I would expect that this is more
> a OpenLDAP 2.0 issue but before I start a discussion on
> openldap-devel at openldap.org I would like to understand exactly under
> which conditions the exception ldap.NO_SUCH_OBJECT is raised.

if ldap_search() or ldap_result() returns -1 AND the LDAP structure has
its ld_errno field set to NO_SUCH_OBJECT, then that exception is raised.

David Leonard                           David.Leonard at csee.uq.edu.au
Dept of Comp. Sci. and Elec. Engg   _   Room:78-640  Ph:+61 7 336 51187
The University of Queensland       |+|  http://www.csee.uq.edu.au/~leonard/
QLD 4072  AUSTRALIA               ~` '~ E2A24DC6446E5779D7AFC41AA04E6401

Curses! - Mojo Jojo