[Python-ideas] New Project to Capture summaries from this

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 07:20:41 EDT 2019

On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 8:41 PM Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 02:23:52PM +1100, Chris Angelico wrote:
>
> > Have you ever actually
> > convinced someone to move off Gmail onto some other client?
>
> Gmail is an email provider with a web interface. As a provider, it is
> available on any email client, so long as it speaks POP3 or IMAP.

In those terms, I'm talking about convincing someone to move off the
_Gmail client_, whether or not they continue using the Gmail service.
Have you ever convinced someone to stop using the Gmail web interface
and start using some other client, as a means of improving their use
of the mailing list (eg to resolve some complaints they were having)?

ChrisA