[Python-ideas] New Project to Capture summaries from this

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 21:11:10 EDT 2019

On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 11:56 AM David Mertz <mertz at gnosis.cx> wrote:

> That said, if someone writes a FAQ about this mailing list, the first answer can be "We are not moving discussion to GitHub / Slack / Discuss / Reddit / StackOverflow / MediaWiki /
> graffiti on popular buildings / etc"

That last one reminds me of XKCD 1810 with its references to "wall
(Unix)" and "wall (bathroom)"...

General principle: People who complain about email are using
suboptimal clients, people who complain about non-email systems are
using suboptimal services. And there's nothing that's truly optimal in
either case (some email clients do come close, but only for their
current users, not for new users).

ChrisA