[Python-ideas] PEP: Dict addition and subtraction

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 04:43:56 EST 2019

This is mainly for Steve, as the author of PEP 584.

I'm grateful to Steve for preparing the current draft. Thank you.

It's strong on implementation, but I find it weak on motivation. I
hope that when time is available you (and the other contributors)
could transfer some motivating material into the PEP, from
python-ideas.

According to PEP 001, the PEP "should clearly explain why the existing
language specification is inadequate to address the problem that the
PEP solves". So it is important.

--
Jonathan