[Python-ideas] Add list.join() please

David Mertz mertz at gnosis.cx
Wed Jan 30 08:09:20 EST 2019

I really don't get the "two different signatures" concern. The two
functions do different things, why would we expect them to automatically
share a signature.

There are a zillion different open() functions or methods in the standard
library, and far more in third party software. They each have various
different signatures and functionality because they "open" different
things. So what? Use the interface to the function you are using, not to
something else that happens to share a name (in a different namespace).