[Python-ideas] Multi-line string indentation

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 14:11:35 EST 2019

On Sat, Feb 9, 2019 at 6:08 AM Mike Miller <python-ideas at mgmiller.net> wrote:

> Thanks all,
>
> I'm willing to start work on a PEP, perhaps next week.  Unless Marius would
> prefer to do it.
>
> One fly in the ointment is that I don't feel strongly about the choice of
> solution 1, 2, or last-minute entry.

That's not a problem. You can write up the arguments for and against
each side fairly, and let them convince you. Early phases of PEPs
don't have to have all the specifics set in concrete.

Marius or Mike, whoever's going to do this: you'll want to start by
reading through PEP 12, taking a copy of that file as a template.

https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0012/
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/python/peps/master/pep-0012.rst

Feel free to reach out to me or any of the other PEP editors if you
need a hand with the mechanics.

ChrisA