[Python-ideas] Clearer communication

Adrien Ricocotam ricocotam at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 08:54:00 EST 2019

Thanks Steve, that’s a good point, I might have been in one of the bad
things you describe.

It’s kinda funny that Python is conservative while being heavily used in
the most recent techonologies (referring to machine learning). I personally
think it’s not good but I might be too young for being conservative.

Just a point about writing clear and precise English. For a good part of
the audience and the writers, English is not our native language. Even if
I’m considered good in English according to the standards in France, will
far from being bilingual and expressing myself in English is not that easy.
Technical discussions are not easy, no matter the language. Using a
different language is harder and makes it really difficult some times.
That’s why, in my case, I felt I mis expressed myself and proposed
explanations on the answers I gave : I thought that was not clear because
I’m not English-speaker.

Another point, if when answering you (and others including me) you
understood farther than the author, juste say what you understood further
and all the implications. It will benefit everyone and discard ambiguities
(especially for new-comers).