[Python-ideas] Clearer communication

Abe Dillon abedillon at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 13:35:15 EST 2019

I've pitched this before but gotten little feedback (especially positive
feedback), but I think a Reddit-style forum would be a pretty vast
improvement. We could easily start a python_ideas subreddit to try it out.

I know the google group presents threaded conversations, but I've run into
enough bugs trying to use that platform that I now only interact with
python-ideas via my gmail account, and threads are flattened here. Also, a
Reddit-style forum has voting built in. As a bonus, we can write moderation
bots and present useful info in the side-bar.

If people find Reddit distasteful or otherwise a bad idea, maybe we can
find some forum software that replicates the feature set of Reddit and host
it ourselves?