[Python-ideas] Add closing and iteration to threading.Queue

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sun Oct 21 20:02:38 EDT 2018

On 10/21/2018 2:42 PM, MRAB wrote:
> On 2018-10-21 18:58, Vladimir Filipović wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I originally submitted this as a pull request. Raymond Hettinger
>> suggested it should be given a shakeout in python-ideas first.
>>
>> https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/10018
>> https://bugs.python.org/issue35034

The proposed close method would only half-close the queue: closed to
puts, open to gets (but perhaps close completely when the last item is
gotten.

> FTR, this has been discussed before:
 > [Python-ideas] `__iter__` for queues?
https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-ideas/2010-January/006711.html

Worth reading in relation to the new proposal.  One person reported
having an IterableQueue with close that is probably similar to the
current proposal.

--
Terry Jan Reedy