[Python-ideas] Debugging: some problems and possible solutions

Anders Hovmöller boxed at killingar.net
Wed Oct 3 14:46:01 EDT 2018

> So how about extending Python so that, for example,
>    {=(1 + bar), }
> is equivalent to
>    {'1 + bar': 1 + bar, }
>
> The basic idea is Anders's, recast to avoid Chris's problem.

Chris' problem isn't an actual problem though. Its just a few sentences in a PEP. It might be a problem for other python implementations but I'm gonna put say 100 dollars on that it's not actually so. Pypy, jython, ironpython, who else? Without looking I'm betting they have the same implementation detail.

Any takers on such a bet? One is not allowed to look before taking the bet but I can't check that so scout honor applies.

> Anders: Are you willing to accept this change, if need be?

I would but I think it's worse in every possible way :P It looks like a set, not a dict for example.

/ Anders