[Python-ideas] A comprehension scope issue in PEP 572

Jacco van Dorp j.van.dorp at deonet.nl
Mon May 7 05:33:48 EDT 2018

For what it's worth, i'm totally +1 on inline uses of global and nonlocal.

As a related improvement, i'd also like it if "global x = 5" would be
a legal statement. As a noob learning python, I was suprised to find
out I couldn't and had to split it on two lines.(aside from a 9-hour
course of C and some labview (which I totally hate), python was my
first language and still the one im by far most proficient with.)