[Python-ideas] PEP 572 version 2: Statement-Local Name Bindings

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 15:01:58 EST 2018

On Sat, Mar 3, 2018 at 6:55 AM, Robert Vanden Eynde
<robertve92 at gmail.com> wrote:
> @Rhodri, this is what Everybody does because you hit the "reply to all"
> button, but, we don't receive two copies on the mail, I don't know why (but
> that's a good thing).
>
> Le 2 mars 2018 20:48, "Rhodri James" <rhodri at kynesim.co.uk> a écrit :
>
> On 02/03/18 18:27, Jelle Zijlstra wrote:

> Guys, please don't email to me *and* the mailing list.  Getting two copies
> of your deathless prose makes me less likely to pay attention to you, not
> more.

If you're using a poor-quality mail client, you may have to fix things
manually. (Or get a better mail client - it's up to you.) If
"Reply-All" sends to both the sender and the list, either look for a
"Reply-List" button, or manually delete the sender's address and post
only to the list.

And please, don't top-post. Again, if your mail client encourages top
posting, either override it, or get a better one.

ChrisA