[Python-ideas] Python docs page: In what ways is None special

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 08:26:34 EDT 2018

Hi Steve

In this thread you wrote, replying to Paul Moore's comments on PEP 505

> None is already a special value. It is so special, it is one of only
> three built-in values given keyword status. All the other built-ins,
> including such things that are used implicitly by the interpreter (such
> as NotImplemented) are merely ordinary names.

Half an hour earlier, Paul wrote (in reply to me)

>> My goal in this thread is to document clearly and develop a clear
>> shared understanding of the ways in which None is special in Python.
>> Please, please, please can we not discuss PEP 505 in this thread.
>> There's already another thread for that.
>
> OK, apologies for my confusion between the threads.

Paul has implicitly removed from this thread his comments on PEP 505.
If you wish to respond to Paul's comments, please do so elsewhere.
There's already a thread for PEP 505.

--
Jonathan