[Python-ideas] PEP 505: None-aware operators

Steve Dower steve.dower at python.org
Mon Jul 23 05:48:23 EDT 2018

On 23Jul2018 0151, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> What if there was a language
> supported, non-hackish way to officially delay evaluation of
> expressions until explicitly requested?

The current spelling for this is "lambda: delayed-expression" and the
way to request the value is "()". :)

(I'm not even being that facetious here. People ask for delayed
expressions all the time, and it's only 7 characters, provided the
callee knows they're getting it, and the semantics are already well
defined and likely match what you want.)

Cheers,
Steve