[Python-ideas] Adding str.isascii() ?

INADA Naoki songofacandy at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 10:54:16 EST 2018

We have _PyUnicodeWriter for such use cases.
We may able to expose it as public API, but please start another thread
for it.

Unicode created by wrong maxchar is not supported from Python 3.3.
== and hash() doesn't work properly for such unicode object.
So str.isascii() has not to support it too.

INADA Naoki  <songofacandy at gmail.com>