[Python-ideas] Boolean ABC similar to what's provided in the 'numbers' module

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Tue Feb 20 12:06:27 EST 2018

Looking at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number it seems that Integer is
"special" -- every other number type is listed as "<adjective> numbers"
(e.g. rational numbers, complex numbers) but integers are listed as
"Integers". So let's just switch it to that, and keep Integral as an alias
for backwards compatibility. I don't think it's a huge problem to fix this
in 3.7b2, if someone wants to do the work.

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)