[Python-ideas] Python docs page: In what ways is None special

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 09:41:05 EDT 2018

Hi Rhodri

Thank you for your message. You wrote:

> I disagree.  That original text looks like it has been very carefully
> written to be (almost) true.  What you are proposing to replace it with is
> less true and confusing to boot.

The decision is neither your's nor mine. It is for the Python docs
maintainers. I will respect their decision, even if I don't agree with
it.

I intend, in my page (on why None is special) to continue to quote
accurately, and without criticism, the current Python docs.

One intention of my post is to move the particular docs discussion
from python-ideas and to bugs.python.org. I think that is a better
place for it. They're the people who can decide and do (or not do)
something about it.

--
with best regards

Jonathan