[Python-ideas] Dart like multi line strings identation

Marius Räsener m.raesener at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 15:25:32 EDT 2018

Hey again,

Thx all for the active discussion.

Since I‘m the OP and though want to make clear that I didn‘t had a `d`
string literal in mind.

So the Idea was to support this just as default, with any more effords to
support it I don‘t see a real advantage or that I‘d think it is ‚solved‘.

So I‘m aware that probably there won‘t be a majority to have this
considering a breaking change - still I want to emphasize that I wouldn‘t
want yet another string literal. I think this would be really bad.

Actually I‘d rather like to see Python develop backwards and remove string
literals and not getting even more ... so maybe just `r` and `b`?

Anyways, I think I‘ve made my Point clear.