[Python-ideas] Allow additional separator character in variables

Serhiy Storchaka storchaka at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 01:47:59 EST 2017

21.11.17 05:16, Mikhail V пише:
> my·variable
> myᝍvariable
> myㅡvariable
> myⵧvariable
> myㄧvariable
> myㆍvariable
>
> ^ Is this good idea *for Python*? I mean this is not Python that
> I knew. I don't know how it is possible. Looks like a result of
> some unlucky nuclear experment. Might be it will not cause any possible
> confusion, or less than a hyphen and a minus.

Yes, it causes less confusion that changing meaning of a minus.

And yes, it can cause confusion if misused. As well as using the
following variables:

мyvariable
mуvariable
myvаriable
myvarіable
myvariаble
myvariaЬle
myvariab1e
myvariablе

But the name моязмінна doesn't cause any confusion if used in an
appropriate context (for example in a lesson for young Ukrainian
children). I believe the above dot- and hyphen-like characters don't
cause confusion if used as letters in an appropriate language context.