[Python-ideas] Allow additional separator character in variables

Sun Nov 19 13:35:11 EST 2017

On 11/19/17 1:33 AM, Steve Barnes wrote:
> How about allowing ¬, (ASCII 172, U+00ac, NOT sign), in variable names
> as in my¬variable - it has the advantages that:

There is NO such character in ASCII. ASCII is a 7 bit character set, and
no ASCII code has a value bigger than 127.

There are a number of Extended ASCII character sets (hundreds if not
thousands). One common one is ISO 8859-1 also called ISO LATIN-1 which
has this character at this location, but Extended ASCII is NOT ASCII
(Note, it is even produced by a very different standards body). The
character also occurs here in ANSI Extended ASCII, but again, this is
NOT ASCII.

--
Richard Damon