[Python-ideas] Looking for input to help with the pip situation

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 08:48:39 EST 2017

On 12 November 2017 at 13:18, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Seriously? Debian don't provide venv in the standard Python install?
>> That's just broken.
>
> Yup. And RHEL/CentOS don't provide Python 3.x by default at all - you
> need to grab it via other means.

Wow. I have no problem with not providing Python 3 by default, but
shipping a version that omits features that are non-optional parts of
the standard library is ridiculous. I'm getting more and more inclined
to make my default response to bug reports from people on
Debian/Ubuntu be "report it to your vendor or demonstrate it on a
vanilla build of Python" :-(

Paul