[Python-ideas] install pip packages from Python prompt

Chris Barker chris.barker at noaa.gov
Mon Nov 6 17:31:15 EST 2017

On Sat, Nov 4, 2017 at 7:16 AM, Wes Turner <wes.turner at gmail.com> wrote:

> This works today but is inadvisable because it risks wasting bandwidth if
> the %run (!) instructions are frequently re-run unnecessarily:
>
> $ ipython
> $ ipython

does it work on Windows? My experience is almost always negative with
Windows' aggressive file locking -- I'd be unsurprised if you couldn't
update a package that is running (particularly if it is has loaded a dll,
AKA compiled extension module)

-CHB

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov