[Python-ideas] What about regexp string litterals : re".*" ?

Simon D. simon at acoeuro.com
Tue Mar 28 03:54:34 EDT 2017

* Serhiy Storchaka <storchaka at gmail.com> [2017-03-27 18:39:19 +0300]:
> There are several regular expression libraries for Python. One of them is
> included in the stdlib, but this is not the first regular expression library
> in the stdlib and may be not the last. Particular project can choose using
> an alternative regular expression library (because it has additional
> features or is faster for particular cases).

I believe that the u"" notation in Python 2.7 is defined by while
importing the unicode_litterals module.

Each regexp lib could provide its instanciation of regexp litteral
notation.

And if only the default one does, it would still be won for the
beginers, and the majority of persons using the stdlib.

--
Simon Descarpentries
+336 769 702 53