[Python-ideas] IDEA

Wes Turner wes.turner at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 22:50:32 EDT 2017

On Sun, Mar 26, 2017 at 2:08 PM, Faaiz Asim via Python-ideas <
python-ideas at python.org> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am currently enrolled in computer science program and am currently in
> 6th semester. I am comfortable using c++,java,python in general. I know
> this is a little late for proposing an idea but i was busy in exams.
> Besides i wanted to get into something where i was determined to contribute
> to the society. It took a little while but i found this ultimately. I think
> i have a good idea for a project that might further facilitate the use of
> python.
> My experience with python suggests that python is one the best all
> rounders in market. Its a good and easy head start for newbies and a
> powerful tool in good hands.

Wikipedia describes Python as a general-purpose, multi-paradigm language:

- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Python_(programming_language)

- https://github.com/bayandin/awesome-awesomeness
  - https://github.com/vinta/awesome-python
- https://github.com/josephmisiti/awesome-machine-learning#python
  - https://www.scipy.org/topical-software.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_integrated_development_environments#Python

https://wiki.python.org/moin/IntegratedDevelopmentEnvironments
https://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonEditors

>From https://github.com/westurner/wiki/wiki/bricklayer#spyder :

```md
#### Spyder
- | Src: https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder
- | Docs: https://pythonhosted.org/spyder/
- ``conda install spyder`` also installs {qt, pyqt, }
- ``pip install spyder`` also installs {qt, pyqt, }
- Docs:
https://pythonhosted.org/spyder/editor.html#how-to-define-a-code-cell
- BLD: .travis.yml:
https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder/blob/master/.travis.yml
- https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder/blob/master/create_exe.py
  (cx_freeze)
- https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder/blob/master/create_app.py
  (py2app)
- Src:
https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder/blob/master/spyder/plugins/editor.py
- Src:
https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder/blob/master/spyder/plugins/console.py
- Src:
https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder/blob/master/spyder/plugins/ipythonconsole.py
- Src: https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder/tree/master/spyder/widgets
- Src:
https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder/blob/master/spyder/widgets/editor.py
- Src:
https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder/blob/master/spyder/utils/syntaxhighlighters.py

> Spyder may also be used as a PyQt5/PyQt4 extension library (module
> spyder). For example, the Python interactive shell widget used in
> Spyder may be embedded in your own PyQt5/PyQt4 application.
```

https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder/blob/master/setup.py
- ``conda install spyder`` also installs {qt, pyqt, }

- https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder/search?q=ipython
  - IPython embed_kernel()
  -
https://ipython.readthedocs.io/en/stable/interactive/reference.html#embedding