[Python-ideas] incremental hashing in __hash__

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 04:57:04 EST 2017

On 6 January 2017 at 09:02, Neil Girdhar <mistersheik at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah, looks like you missed a revision.  There were two emails.  I suggested
> adding ImmutableIterable and ImmutableSet, and so there is an obvious
> implementation of __hash__ for both.

OK, sorry.

The proposal is still getting more complicated, though, and I really
don't see how it's better than having some low-level helper functions
for people who need to build custom __hash__ implementations. The "one
obvious way" to customise hashing is to implement __hash__, not to
derive from a base class that says my class is an
Immutable{Iterable,Set}.

Paul