[Python-ideas] More classical for-loop

Mikhail V mikhailwas at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 02:29:27 EST 2017

On 18 February 2017 at 04:13, Joao S. O. Bueno <jsbueno at python.org.br> wrote:

> You can still use range.
Yes thats what I do, see my proposal

> I don't see the point in continuing this thread.
How does this add to the syntax discussion?
I was replying to Nicks quite vague comments
which were supposed to be critics.

>> "burden to learn" - I hope you are not serious :)
> No, this is serious.
> You duplicate the syntax possibilities of one ot he
> most basics syntactic elements

How do you count duplicate? And what is the sense
to speak about 'burden to learn' before the new syntax get
approved? If it will be the new  syntax, then
you will need to learn the new syntax only.
You want throw iterables in it, do it:

for e over Sequence :

I see this probably could have some ambiguity problems
but is it such an unsolvable problem?
For integers write e.g. like this:

for i over 0, N :

or

for i over *N :

What is the problem?

> it leads to readability loss
What exactly are you talking about?

> most Python code these days is read in
> a tool that does syntax highlighting

You suppose I don't know about it?
Then you are extremely underestimating me.

Mikhail