[Python-ideas] Fwd: Define a method or function attribute outside of a class with the dot operator

Guyzmo z+py+pyideas at m0g.net
Fri Feb 10 09:53:17 EST 2017

Hi list,

I'm quite neutral to this proposition, as it's not a use case I see
often myself needing.

On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 02:55:31PM +0100, Stephan Houben wrote:
[…]
> But if I don't understand the dot in `class foo.bar:', then what?
> It's probably somewhere buried in the language spec for `class' but
> realistically
> I am now going to blight Stackoverflow with my questions.
[…]

but this is definitely not a reason to dismiss a proposal. A language is
aimed at evolves and introduce new syntax features, and yes,
stackoverflow will get questions about it, blog articles written and
RTFW updated, so you'll get the info you'll need fastly.

Cheers,

--
Guyzmo