[Python-ideas] Add an UML class diagram to the collections.abc module documentation

Stephan Houben stephanh42 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 15:24:46 EST 2017

Hi Yahya,

I like the full.png diagram, however, I see some issues with it.

Most seriously, the methods it lists don't match the documentation.

E.g. if you check MappingView:

https://docs.python.org/3/library/collections.abc.html#collections.abc.MappingView

you see it has only a __len__ mixin method.
The other methods in the diagram are implementation details
and should be removed.

Some presentation points (all IMHO of course):
* Get rid of the empty boxes.
* Get rid of the trailing (). Since all methods have this, it adds no info.
* There is no visual distinction between the abstract methods
  and the mixin methods. I'd suggest making the abstract methods italic
  or something like that.

Stephan