[Python-ideas] Generator syntax hooks?

Markus Meskanen markusmeskanen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 16:08:37 EDT 2017

Though I still dop'nt think using "while" would really introduce that much
confusion -- sure, it doesn't introduce a new loop, but, as someone pointed
out earlier in this thread it really is only changing from a:

"while do"

to a

"do while"

construct -- so means pretty much the same thing.

+1 for the "while" from me too, I don't think most people would find it
confusing (supposing they don't find current [x for x in foo if ...]
confusing either), and introducing a break there is just more of a mess.

To those who say that it might get ugly if you do something like:

    [x for y in foo for x in y while x != y if x + y < 100]

This still isn't even unbearable, and once it gets that hard, maybe you
should consider something else anyways.