[Python-ideas] What about regexp string litterals : re".*" ?

Juancarlo Añez apalala at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 13:06:58 EDT 2017

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 8:57 AM, Neil Girdhar <mistersheik at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've tried PyParsing.  I haven't tried Grako.

Caveat: I'm the author of Grako.

It's very easy to do complex parsing with Grako. The grammar can be
embedded in a Python string, and the compiled grammar can be used for
parsing without generating any Python code. Most of the unit tests under
the distribution's grako/grako/test use those features.

https://pypi.org/project/grako/

One of the ways in which a top-down grammar (as those accepted by Grako)
can be used is to organize a series of regular expressions into a tree to
handle complex cases with clarity.

--
Juancarlo *Añez*