[Python-ideas] PEP 530: Asynchronous Comprehensions

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Tue Sep 6 22:19:42 EDT 2016

On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 10:42 AM, Yury Selivanov <yselivanov.ml at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2016-09-04 3:10 AM, Adam Bartoš wrote:
>> will await be allowed also in the "if" part of comprehensions? And what
>> about the "in" part? (e.g. if I'm not mistaken, we may have an asynchronous
>> function returning an asynchronous iterator.)

> Yes, awaits will be allowed.  I'll update the PEP.

Hasn't happened yet... I see this PEP as written in a bit of haste and
very close to the 3.6b1 feature freeze (coming weekend). Usually I
wouldn't accept such a hasty PEP, but the ideas in it seem pretty
uncontroversial, and in line with the existing expectations for
async/await.

Yury, if you manage to get a working implementation signed off by one
other core dev (not me) I can accept the PEP provisionally, under the
same conditions as PEP 525.

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)