[Python-ideas] Shuffled

Sven R. Kunze srkunze at mail.de
Tue Sep 6 14:37:13 EDT 2016

Are you serious? The reason for "we don't need standardization" ==
"there is a solution, long, and with a lot of special characters". Holy
c***. I remember Python being the least verbose language on the planet.
I suspect this argument didn't lead to status quo. It's like saying, we
don't need variable annotations because we have comments.

On 06.09.2016 20:25, אלעזר wrote:
> Naive shuffled() can be emulated using a single expression:
>
>    sorted(lst, key=lambda _: random())
>
> So there's even less incentive for standardization.

Besides being a silly argument, it's an interesting solution.

Does it really work? I remember Microsoft utilizing a similar approach
for their browser selection tool which led to a skewed probability
distribution. Maybe, I wrong here though.

Cheer,
Sven