[Python-ideas] Order of loops in list comprehension

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Oct 20 19:43:31 EDT 2016

Alexander Heger wrote:
> For me the current behaviour does not seem unreasonable as it resembles
> the order in which you write out loops outside a comprehension

That's true, but the main reason for having comprehensions
syntax in the first place is so that it can be read
declaratively -- as a description of the list you want,
rather than a step-by-step sequence of instructions for
building it up.

If you have to stop and mentally transform it into nested
for-statements, that very purpose is undermined.

--
Greg