[Python-ideas] PEP 484 evolution

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 16:40:17 EDT 2016

On Friday, March 18, 2016 at 2:51:26 PM UTC-5, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> So please read my list of issues and see where you stand
> yourself on them.

Are you kidding?

I'd be delighted to offer my opinion!

It's what i, *DO*!

I'm not sure what kind of "time frame" you're expecting
here, but you'll have to allow me a "reasonable" amount of
time to (1) read over your list, (2) catch up on the history
of the "type hints proposal", and (3) compose a thoughtful
response --  I've never been the type that likes to rush to
judgement, or shoot from hip, especially, regarding
something as important as introducing a new feature that
could negativity affect readability.

Also, i must admit that, outside of a few discussions on
Pyhton-list, I have not followed the "type hints evolution"
as closely as, well, perhaps i should have. In fact, to tell
you the truth, (psst: this is just between you and me!) i
kinda thought it would be punted around for awhile, and then
return to obscurity...

But since this proposal seems to be moving "full steam
ahead", and i consider myself to be an integral part of this
fine community, then, as a member, it is my *DUTY* to be
wise of these things.

Please stand by...