[Python-ideas] Add citation() to site.py

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri Mar 18 03:34:25 EDT 2016

> I replied from my cell phone but it bounced (again :-( ). I wrote:
>
> """
> I think this should be in the docs, not in the code. (The reason to
> have copyright() in the code is purely legalistic.)
> """

I think something on or accessible from the front doc page would be
enough in most cases.  The current copyright page is just 7 lines.

A citation format could be added below and the link changed to Copyright
and Citation Format.  The people helped would include students who are
supposed to add 'professional' citations in the bibliography of papers
they write.  This change could, of course, be backported.

--
Terry Jan Reedy