[Python-ideas] Password masking for getpass.getpass

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Jan 14 16:16:20 EST 2016

Georg Brandl wrote:
> I regularly
> enter my own password or passwords for other systems with other people
> intentionally looking over my shoulder (e.g. pair-programming, debugging,
> confirming error reports etc.)

I have a solution!

It requires a display capable of emitting light with selected
polarisation. The password field displays the password in
such a way that it can only be seen when wearing polariod
glasses that are polarised in the correct direction. So a
pair of programmers can wear glasses that let them each
see their own password but not the other's. Bystanders
not wearing any glasses would not see either of them.

--
Greg