[Python-ideas] RFC: PEP: Add dict.__version__

Eric Fahlgren ericfahlgren at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 10:28:07 EST 2016

Steven D'Aprano Saturday, January 09, 2016 19:32:
> I think that's pessimistic and unrealistic. If Python were twice as fast
as it is now, it would mean that scripts could process twice as much data in
the same time as they do now. How is that not meaningful?

> Sometimes I work hard to get a 5% or 10% improvement in speed of a
function, because it's worth it. Doubling the speed is something I can only
dream about.

Often when I hear people complain about "tiny" improvements, I change the
context: "Ok, I'm going to raise your salary 5%, or is that too small and
you don't want it?"  Suddenly that 5% looks pretty good.